New Opportunity to Join the Graphene Flagship Core 3 Spearhead Project GICE
The Graphene Flagship is looking for a partner who has achieved all the following required items at the time of application:
- 10kg/month GRM production: Sustainable production of GRMs on the scale of 10 kg/month (following ISO/TS 80004-13:2017(en) material specifications for graphene flakes). The production process must be in operation commercially.
- Spray deposition or brush painting of GRM: GRM-based ink formulations suitable for spray deposition (preferred) or brush painting (acceptable) of coatings under standard paint shop conditions, with good adhesion on different substrates (polymers, carbon and glass fibre composites, metals);
- >10kW/m? heating power density for an applied voltage of for applied voltage up to 230V AC, 3-phase, or 540V DC (+/-270V) for GRM-based coating
- Electrical contacts: Expertise in fabricating electrical connectors (using tin based solder or similar technology) to GRM-based coatings (expertise demonstrated via publications or patents or products)
- Experience in heating applications and aerospace components: Demonstrated capability of integrating GRM-based heating coatings in representative aerospace components.
The newly selected partner will be incorporated in the Core 3 Project under the Horizon 2020 phase of the Graphene Flagship, which will run during 1 April 2020 - 31 March 2023. The new partners will be asked to sign the relevant agreement with the European Commission.
Core 3 Spearhead Project GICE will focus on the design of thermoelectric ice protection systems (IPS), which will play a major role in next generation aeronauticalproducts.
For more information, refer to the 'Core 3 Expression of Interest' section of the webpage or the Core 3 SHP GICE EoI call text.